Smith & West is looking for a Junior Accountant who will:
- Maintain financial records for subsidiary companies by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Reconcile general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Provide financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Correct errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
- Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; adjusting entries for amortizations prepaids; analyzing and reconciling retainage and accounts payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups; keeping information confidential.
- Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed. Assisting senior accountants, managers and partners on special assignments
- Interacting with clients to obtain the necessary information to complete the required tasks. Professionalism, tact, maturity are necessary for this position.
An individual with:
- Great attention to detail
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principals and practices
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills with software applications
- Ability to work in a team environment
- A degree in Accounting or equivalent
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format.