Smith & West, CPA, is currently looking for a Senior Staff Accountant to take on increasingly important accounting roles on client files in a variety of industries and business sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and execute client engagements while providing exceptional client service under varying reporting frameworks
- Analyze and review client prepared financial statements, reports, and filings
- Maximize engagement profitability by ensuring recovery rates on jobs are maintained at or above firm standards. Where recovery rates on jobs are below firm standards, work with the staff to ensure all aspects of the engagement are operating effectively and efficiently
- Prepare corporate tax returns
- Participate in income tax and indirect tax planning and consulting
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business in order to serve as a trusted business advisor
- Anticipate technical issues to avoid crises and where required, develop sound solutions
- Involve appropriate firm personnel to ensure all aspects associated with the work have been properly addressed
- Demonstrate technical competence in practice discipline, serve as a technical resource for staff, and provide suggestions for resolving technical issues.
- CPA, CA designation obtained or close to completion
- A minimum completion of 2 years of public accounting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Caseware, Profile and Quickbooks
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and control engagements
- Strong understanding of a client-focused environment including related deadlines and the ability to work to meet those deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative, and willingness and ability to accept responsibility
- Aptitude for dealing with people in a respectful manner
- Ability to work under pressure, decisiveness, good judgment and common sense
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems, propose sound alternatives and conclusions
- Someone who has the ability to develop and maintain good relationships with clients
To apply, please email Kelsey your resume and a cover letter.